Dealing with Failure


My time is almost over. By this month, I suppose to finish all my research and back to Indonesia. But I am still doing my experiment. It's difficult, I realize. Since the first time I accept this research topic, I am sure I can do it well because I am a good learner and tough enough. But confidence is not enough for research. There are so many unpredictable situations that make me so confused and try to think positively. It is about the animal situation. I can't handle it when our population suddenly decreases in one to two months. I wasted my time and try to identify some of my faunas in that void. Yeah, it is passed, and now I am still trying to find the best situation and result. I don't want to go back without any results from this research. Meanwhile, in Indonesia, my research is also not finished yet. I mean for the thesis writing, journal writing, and the result presentation that will be held in early October. I have to finish it soon.

But by the way, this situation also makes me think clearly. That not every researcher should succeed in every experiment. Sometimes we have to face failure and keep trying again and again. Of course, it will cost time and money, and so much energy. But that's the research was going. A significant or not significant result is okay in any publications. So, now I am trying to accept every failure and mistakes that I made, and keep improving myself, not only for myself or my future, but I also think that this research is important to all people included. 

Arina Damayanti

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment